I came up with this diagram of how i understand the cyclical flow of Qi through the 12 Channels, at the various levels of Yin and Yang and different regions of the body. This clearly shows that;
- 1 complete loop covers the whole body: from trunk to hand to head to foot and back to the trunk
- Each loop also contains a pair of interior/exterior related organ/channels
- Qi flows from one channel opposites to another; jueyin to yangming, taiyin to taiyang, and shaoyin to shaoyang.
- Qi also flows directly from the Hand Yang Channel to the Foot Yang Channel of the same channel type.
- Yin Channels are closely related to the trunk, while Yang channels are more related to the Head and Extremities.