Two-week Midterm Break remains as scheduled
I hope this email finds everyone safe and healthy!
As events have been unfolding we have been having the ongoing conversation about our April break. It is clear to us that a great number of students have made plans for the two-week spring break, and we have decided to leave the April break as the 2 weeks outlined in the academic schedule (April 13 – April 24, 2020, Midterm Break – No Regular Class).
FYI, Alberta COVID-19 public health orders are now legally enforceable:
- restrictions on gatherings and businesses
- returning international travellers to self-isolate for 14 days
- people exposed to COVID-19 to self-isolate for 14 days
- people with symptoms – cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition – to self-isolate for 10 days, or until symptoms resolve, whichever is longer
- limit access to all nursing homes, designated supportive living and long-term care facilities, seniors’ lodges and residential addiction treatment facilities to essential visitors
I hope you may also find the following information useful:
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Being prepared
Apply for Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) with CRA
The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
REAL-TIME DASHBOARD FROM THE PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY OF CANADA
Wishing you all the best on your upcoming midterm exams, be safe and healthy!