Prospective students are invited to schedule an appointment to visit us and discover the ACATCM tradition – where we are always at the forefront of innovation and excellence!
Candidates for admission to Alberta College of Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine should meet the following requirement accordingly and should have demonstrated maturity, professional ethics, and ability to learn.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Have completed a high school education with an Alberta high school diploma or non-Alberta equivalent, verified by transcript, with 60% or better in Grade 12 English, Mathematics, and Science.
- If the previous schooling was in a language other than English, students must demonstrate his/her English is proficient enough to complete the program.
Candidates can apply as mature students. This is intended to allow applicants who otherwise will not qualify for admission to be considered, based on the skills and experience they have acquired since leaving school. Applications by mature students are evaluated differently as we do recognize those mature students have life experiences that younger students may not have, such as work experience, experience as a parent, or independent learning. We consider a mature student as:
- A student who has graduated from high school but lacks post-secondary education.
- A student who did not graduate from high school and is looking to gain admission five years after their last year in high school.
- A student who has been away from formal education for five years or more.
2. Application Deadline
ACATCM remains committed to supporting students whose application process has been impacted by COVID-19 related disruptions. The application for our Fall 2022 term is now open and we continue to process new applications as usual. We will continue to be flexible where possible and adapt to changing circumstances with the aim of removing any barriers to the completion of the application process.
- Domestic Student: November 30th, 2023
- International Students: October 31th, 2023
Winter 2024 semester begins on Tuesday, January 2, 2024.
Please send in your completed application to our administration office by mail or in person, and ensure the following document are included if applicable:
- Copies of certificates awarded, and/or original official transcripts from other institutions that you have attended.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs.
- A non-refundable application fee of $100.00 in Canadian funds (Money Order preferred) payable to ACATCM.
- A letter of intent that states your background, motivation for choosing this profession, etc.
- Two referral letters from non-family members.
Late applications are possible and prioritized by the date that they are received.
If you require more information about admission or program of interest, you may send in your request using the form below.
4. Review Process
Our administration office will thoroughly review candidate’s application upon receipt, then an interview will be arranged either in person or by telephone.
Congratulations! You will be welcomed into a thriving student-led learning environment.
Successful candidates will receive admission and acceptance letter followed by instructions such as students’ orientation date, course schedules, textbook information, etc.
Request more information
Become Part of ACATCM Education to Further Your Career.