Frequently Asked Questions
If you can not find the questions or answers below, please contact us here.
An upgrade to the Traditional Chinese Medicine Diploma is available to all Acupuncture Diploma students. If you decide to change your mind while attending classes, you may choose to upgrade your Diploma of Acupuncture to the TCMD or vice versa anytime.
Please note, the Traditional Chinese Medicine Diploma is a double-major program. Traditional Chinese Medicine Diploma graduates will also receive a Diploma in Acupuncture.
The ACATCM group’s classes together by their typical year taken. Part-time students will attend the classes with other regular students with respect to the classes’ scheduled time.
Yes. However, currently, the ACATCM does not offer individual course applications for prospective students to register as full-time students. The alternative option is to register as a part-time student. Part-time students are required to register for 1-3 courses per semester.
Over our history, classes have been only offered in a classroom setting, however, with the development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have transitioned to offering online classes for students with plans to continue to offer these once the pandemic eases. With the appropriate regulations in your respective jurisdictions, we are happy to offer a limited selection of courses online.
The Alberta College of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine operates on an 18-week semester system. A typical fall-winter semester starts the day after the labour day and ends at the end of January. The winter-spring semester starts in mid-February and ends at the end of June.
A full list of the academic calendars can be found here, consists of:
– First day of the fall-winter semester
– Midterm break
– Christmas and New-Year holiday break
– Last day of the fall-winter semester
– Winter break
– First day of the winter-spring semester
– Midterm break
– Last day of the academic year
Unfortunately, we currently do not offer evening or weekend courses at this time.
– The Alberta College of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine operates on an 18-week semester system.
– Our academic schedule runs from September till the end of June, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
– First-year classes are held in the afternoons, second-year classes are in the mornings and both third and fourth-year classes are either in the mornings or afternoons.
– The clinic is scheduled from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.