Traditional Chinese Medicine Diploma
Double Major – Overview
Program Length: Four-Years
This is a Double-Major program.
- Graduates (full-time students) will receive a Diploma in Acupuncture at the end of the 3rd year and may proceed to the licensing process thereafter.
- Graduates will receive Traditional Chinese Medicine Diploma at the end of the program.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) approaches health and illness fundamentally differently from modern medicine (Western medicine), it is not only documented as the oldest medicine, but it has also always been part of the primary health care system In China throughout history.
Today, in the West, many schools of alternative and complementary medicines are based on or closely related to the theory of TCM and its treatment modalities. Acupuncture is the best known TCM treatment modality in the West. Others like herbal medicine, tuina, cupping, exercise, lifestyle, etc are not as familiar to many.
Alberta College of Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACATCM) is a pioneer and education provider for TCM in Canada. Our Traditional Chinese Medicine diploma program is designed to prepare students to become high-quality TCM doctors that can competently help people with all TCM modalities. Graduates will be able to practice Traditional Chinese Medicine comprehensively and efficiently with a complete understanding of this ancient healing art.
This program provides an excellent grounding in the theory and application of TCM with extensive clinical experience. Besides TCM components, students will gain a thorough understanding of western biomedical sciences, research methodologies, and the skills to be reflective and professional practitioners.
This Diploma in Traditional Chinese Medicine program requires full commitment and dedication from students. The program takes four years to complete for full-time students.
At ACATCM, we provide a first-class learning experience to students, and we’d love to hear from you. Book a school tour and visit us.
- Upon completion, graduates may apply for licensing with the respected governing body.
- Dr. of Acupuncture is a title for registered acupuncturists in Alberta.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine is not regulated in Alberta, therefore financial assistance is not available.
Have Questions? Contact Us
Build Your Future With ACATCM Education
At ACATCM, we provide a first-class learning experience to students, and proudly so. Our leadership in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine education is recognized across Canada, the US (NCCAOM) and China.
- Unrivalled Pan-Canadian Exams Success
- International and Industry Recognition Awards
- Innovative Programs Designed to Enhance The Learner Experience
- A Proud Tradition of Academic Excellence, Achievements, Positive Atmosphere, and Joy of Learning.