Heat Sensitive Moxibustion
Heat Sensitive Moxibustion courses are offered with our partner Moxacology Institute of North America and Sino North American Partnership For Traditional Chinese Medicine (SNAPTCM).
We offer Heat Sensitive Moxibustion courses 4-6 times a year Canada-wide. Upcoming courses are posted under the upcoming event section.
Did you know
- Moxibustion can be performed with minimal odour and smoke?
- Moxibustion has its own unique points, that differ from acupuncture points?”
- Moxibustion has its own independent theories not taught in TCM Universities, yet?”
- Moxibustion has its own unique sensations, both local and distal?”
- Moxibustion can clear Heat?”
- Moxibustion is a complete treatment system, not an adjunct to acupuncture?
Three-day Course Sample:
This three-day intensive study is a comprehensive training course design to teach students the essential theories within Heat Sensitive Moxibustion. Students will learn a brief history of moxibustion and the formation of the Heat Sensitive Moxibustion system. Moxa-point detection and theory will be emphasized with hands-on practice using patented smoke and odour eliminating technology. It is essential that students become familiar with moxa-Qi sensations and how to achieve them on actual people.
The course will then shift focus to the treatment of the following sixteen major conditions:
- Functional Constipation
- Bronchial Asthma
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Primary Dysmenorrhea
- Chronic PID
- Chronic Prostatitis
- Facial Paralysis
- Post- Herpetic Neuralgia
- Functional Indigestion
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Lumbar Disc Herniation
- Periarthritis of the Shoulder
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee
An in-depth analysis of TCM syndromes, moxa-points, treatment strategies, and treatment plans will be discussed for each disease. Students will have abundant opportunities to ask questions about the conditions and also share personal experiences and difficulties encountered with previous case files.
Day three of the course will focus on moxibustion treatments where the students will become the intern doctors for volunteer patients under the careful guidance of moxibustion experts.
Have Questions? Contact Us
Build Your Future With ACATCM Education
At ACATCM, we provide a first-class learning experience to students, and proudly so. Our Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine education leadership are recognized across Canada, the US (NCCAOM) and China.
- Unrivalled Pan-Canadian Exams Success
- International and Industry Recognition Awards
- Innovative Programs Designed to Enhance The Learner Experience
- A Proud Tradition of Academic Excellence, Achievements, Positive Atmosphere, and Joy of Learning.